Terms and Conditions
Retainers, Deposits, Payments & Taxes
1. The date of the event is considered “booked” upon receipt of a non-refundable deposit equaling 50% of the total value of the cake/treats, delivery charges, equipment deposit and signed contract.
2. The final payment is due 2 days prior to event.
3. If the cake/treats is booked 7 days or less before the reception, the deposit will equal 100% of the total cost.
4. If the Client fails to make payments, Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC will cease work, the order will be cancelled and no refund will be given.
5. Preferred methods of payment are debit/credit.
6. Late payments will be charged a 10% fee.
7. Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and signed for it, it is considered "accepted" – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, color shade, or general design will not be honored after signing for your cake. In some instances you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has been signed for.
1. Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC is not responsible for bodily injury, property or consequential damage, which may result from services.
2. Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC not responsible for any damage to the cake/treats or shortage of cake caused by anyone NOT employed by Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC.
3. Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC will not deliver a cake if payments have not been paid in full.
Fulfillment of Contract
1. Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC is not responsible for any delay or inability to deliver based on accidents, natural disasters, transportation issues, inclement weather, illness, death, labor troubles, delay in supplies, disputes or strikes, or any other circumstance beyond Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC`s control.
2. If Client picks up the cake, Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC no longer assumes any responsibility for damage caused to it.
1. The Client must notify Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC if there is a change in the date of the event or a complete cancellation.
2. If the postponement occurs before 7 days of the event, no penalty fee will be charged.
3. If the postponement occurs after 7 days prior to the event, the Client will be charged a 10% fee.
4. If a cancellation occurs 14 days prior to the date of the event, all money will be refunded.
Changes to Order
1. Any changes must be submitted 7 days in advance.
2. There will be no changes allowed.
3 days prior to the event.
Design of the Cake
1. Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC cannot duplicate an exact copy of another cake artist’s work.
Serving Amount & Sizes
1. The serving size is 2 inches wide x 2 inches long x 2 inches high.
2. Serving size estimations are not guaranteed to be exact.
3. Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC is not responsible for a shortage of cake/treats if the pieces are cut too large.
Allergy & Dietary Warnings
1. Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC s baked goods may have come in contact with the following ingredients: • Nuts • Dairy
2. Natural dyes, artificial dyes, artificial flavorings, sugar, artificial sweeteners, artificial color and other allergens not listed.
3. The Client is responsible for pointing out to guest’s potential allergy hazards.
Delivery and Set Up
1. There is a delivery fee based on location, time and place.
2. Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC is not responsible for tardiness if the venue is changed within 48 hours of the event.
3. The Client may pick up the cake/treats once delivery is not booked. The Client assumes liability once it passes into the Client’s possession.
4. The Client is responsible for providing a suitable environment for the cake/treats (away from heaters, vibrations, people, suitable surface, suitable outdoor setting).
5. The Client must sign a waiver to ensure the condition of the cake is satisfactory.
6. Once the waiver is signed, Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC is not responsible for cake including collapse, melting, pokes etc.
1. Once you or a designated party has picked up an order and signed for it, it is considered "accepted" – we will ask to make sure that everything is correct such as the design, spelling, etc. Refunds requested due to decorating style, writing, color shade, or general design will not be honored after signing for your cake. In some instances, you may bring the cake back in for design adjustments but this is an additional charge if the cake has been signed for.
2. Cake flavor and texture is subjective. Full refunds requested due to flavor or texture after the cake has been accepted and picked up will not be honored. You may qualify for a percentage of a store credit if the product is brought back and the quality of the cake flavor or texture is determined to not meet our standards. Cakes must be brought back to us within a timely manner, preferably with 24 hours of pick up - please call or email us promptly to let us know of the issue. Quality determination is solely at the discretion of Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC. Please understand that we cannot issue refunds for cakes that have already been completely eaten. *Store credit percents are based on how quickly the cake is returned, how much has been consumed, and what we determine the quality to be. Store credits of any kind will not be issued to customers who do not contact us within 24 hours.
The following scenario is the only instance when we will provide a refund:
If you come to our store for pick up or if upon delivery the cake does not meet your expectations, we will give you a refund (minus 25% handling/cancellation fee). This refund will be given as a store credit (no cash/money refunds will be given) NOTE: If we give you a refund, you CANNOT keep the cake. You can only get the refund if you refuse to “accept” the cake. We will NOT negotiate a partial refund if you keep the cake. This is a “take it, or leave it” policy. We are not responsible for any expense you may incur for replacing our cake.
***We do not give refunds under any other circumstances.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR A CLASS OFFERED BY SUGAR N SPICE BAKERY LLC UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES
1.Sugar N Spice Bakery LLC reserves the right to use all photographs of the cake for advertising purposes.